* Tidbits

We had a fairly quiet weekend. It's been too cold to do anything outdoors, so Hercules and the kids got to watch two movies on Saturday. We watched a Wallace and Grommet flick in the afternoon, which was cute. Before bed we saw the 1970's version of King Kong, which proved painful to watch, at least for me. I think Jessica Lange's character "Dwan" (Duh!-wan) may be the most pathetic, annoying female lead EVER. And that's saying a lot.

I'll be picking up Herc's prescription tonight - Concerta it is. We'll see how it goes. Ironically, the past couple of weeks he has been on his best behavior at school. But he's got a field trip coming up in mid-March, and it only takes 2 trips to the ABLE room between now and then for him to get left behind for the trip. Since a good week at school is incredibly rare and trips to the ABLE room are standard procedure for our young Hercules, I'm hoping Concerta will come through for him.

The bad news is that I only have one week to observe Hercules on this drug before I have to leave town for five days. It's a business trip that was arranged months ago, and there's no getting out of it now. Of course, if all goes well it could be a real bonus for Pa in terms of coping with Hercules while I'm away. I trust Pa completely, but it still tugs at my heart strings to imagine Hercules going through his daily routine without me. Especially bedtime, when we snuggle in his bed together and read Harry Potter and snuggle some more. *Sigh*

So, hopefully if there are going to be any issues with side effects, they'll appear in the first week. Of course Pa and Herc's teacher will be on the lookout, too. But still, the timing of this trip pretty much sucks.

On the other hand, I will confess that I am also looking forward to this trip immensely. This will be the first time since the birth of Hercules that I will have nearly five entire days and nights to be completely by myself. I'm taking three cameras and a notebook. I LOVE being alone, and this is an extremely rare opportunity. It will be a bittersweet experience, to be sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home