* Speaking of reckoning

I just got a letter today from Senator Jim Talent, who was congratulating himself for voting to confirm Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court. Bastard. He doesn't seem to realize that I only subscribe to his newsletter so I can keep tabs on his latest offenses. It doesn't help that in his letters to me he insists on addressing me as "Mr." Then again, maybe that's why he expects me to give a shit about his lame ass. Wanna read my reply to him? Either way, here it is:

Senator Talentless,

I considered writing to you prior to the confirmation vote, but I'm not naive and I knew that my concerns would fall on deaf ears. Now that it's over and my worst fears have been confirmed (literally), all I have to say is that I look forward to the opportunity to vote you out of office, you spineless crook.

May God serve you with the same justice that Justice Alito has shown for the citizens that appear in his court.

Pointless yet gratifying. That's the American political process for ya.

4 Comments:

Blogger new_eyes said...

literally your worst fear? come now.

What's your problem with this good man, Alito?

Perhaps we should discuss it on your front porch rather than here. :-)

(I just got a call from Jessica that she's had her baby. I was taking a nap but couldn't sleep anymore with this smile on my face. Her -Jes'- voice was so angelic reporting that.)

2/01/2006 1:53 PM  
Anonymous renee may said...

no, literally "confirmed." but still one big, nasty fear.

i should have known you'd be the first to comment on my first overtly political post, jackson!

let's take it to the porch. i'll tear him to pieces, that good man of yours.

2/01/2006 1:58 PM  
Blogger new_eyes said...

actually i don't know a thing about the man except he was the President's choice :-) and
is evidently a conservative jurist.

naw, I'm , eh, through with politics...

having had all my candidates win... lol

2/01/2006 2:45 PM  
Blogger fiercelyfab said...

I love this letter, thank you for posting this!

2/01/2006 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home