* Quick update

I had hoped to find time to blog this weekend so I could at least let everyone know that I'm out of town all this week on business, and my Internet access will be limited. I don't plan on blogging much, if at all. I'll catch up when I get back.

But first I'll sneak in a quick update: Overall this weekend went well. It was my first chance to really observe Hercules on the meds for a full day, and the results are mixed. I didn't see any real dramatic changes overall. He seemed as prone as ever to frustration and defiance, although he was less likely to take it to the next step: aggression. This is certainly an improvement and I think it relates to his impulse control abilities. I'm realizing that even a medicated Hercules is still Hercules (this is good!) so he's not going to morph into an angelic, passive little yes-man all of a sudden. He's still a willful little warrior! But a little impulse control goes a long way.

We played a lot of Monopoly this weekend (one of Pa's birthday presents), and Hercules happily played several games, some of which lasted for hours, both with the other kids and with just me. He loves Monopoly! I was impressed by how long he focused on the game (even after other kids lost interest), and how well he cooperated and followed the rules.

Best of all, there are still no signs of any side effects whatsoever. This pleases me the most. Here's to hoping that Pa and Hercules get along fine without me this week:)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello Renee - I'm a friend of Fabmujer and I wanted to comment on the comment you left over under "Audacious Enough mama"

Can I use your comment as an excert in a pamphlet I am putting together for a workshop I am part of this weekend? It is on the subject we are talking about... (check it out)
http://www.mamaphonic.com/node/1226

AND IF I can excert your experience to add it to our pamphlet, how should I credit you?

- by Renee, or by R. - or should I put your blogsite on it?

thank you,
china
p.s. I kind of need to know by tommorow (or thursday at the very latest!) cuz the workshop is this weekend and I'm getting ready! If I dont' hear from you, I won't use it.

2/28/2006 7:40 AM  
Anonymous renee said...

china: yes! please feel free to use my comment. you can credit me as Renee Maxwell, and if you also want to share my blogsite that would be great.

this workshop sounds excellent. kudos to you for addressing this important issue!

2/28/2006 11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!

if you email me your adress - I will send you a copy of the pamphlet we are handing out (when I get back next week).

thanks alot!
china410@hotmail.com

2/28/2006 2:20 PM  
Blogger Kely said...

Hello I want to congratulate to you. This site is fantastic, looks like entertained and very good to me it elaborated. I invite them to that they explore a little on my site of the Web
Our real estate listing includes great opportunities on Costa Rica Central Valley’s provinces such as San Jose, our Capital, with remarkable cities as Escazu at the west, or Curridabat at the east, experiencing a great development on both commercial and residential properties, making their real estate pricing highly attractive to investors; on other hand, Alajuela city gathers places with a very special warm weather such as Grecia, La Garita and Atenas, or beautiful farms for agricultural, cattle or nature preservation purposes as those located on San Carlos or Sarapiqui. We also offer land properties in Guanacaste, which is the province, along with Puntarenas, with the most beautiful tropical beaches on the Pacific Coast such as Tamarindo, Playa Grande, El Coco, Playa Hermosa, Nosara, Samara, Herradura, Jaco, Manuel Antonio, Dominical and Golfito, where the real estate business occupies the first place as the local economic activity.
Great investment opportunity at Costa Rica Pacific Coast, Preconstruction condos in costa rica , Condo sales in costa rica, Retirement property in costa rica.
Visit us for more info at: http://www.costa-ricarealestate.com
Great investment opportunity at Costa Rica Pacific Coast, Preconstruction condos in costa rica
Condo sales in costa rica, Retirement property in costa rica. Visit us for more info at: http://www.costa-ricarealestate.com/

4/19/2007 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home