* Kiss my sweet ass, Angelina Jolie

I found this today via msn.com and I wanted to gag. I just don't get the fuss over celebrities to begin with. They're just people. If anything they tend to be more arrogant, vain, superficial, and materialistic than most. These are not qualities I admire. So when the media declares "Celeb 'Hot Moms' May Redefine Motherhood," I want to slap someone.

Redefine motherhood, my ass. The last thing moms need is for celebrity motherhood to be the next mommy standard, fuck you very much. Sure, being a single mom is a piece of cake when you've got a fleet of domestic servants and an army of nannies at your beck and call.

You know what I want? I want to see Angelina Jolie's belly swell up to absurd proportions so the paparazzi can stop her on the street and demand to know if she's having twins (this happened to me quite frequently, except they weren't paparazzi). I want to see some stretch marks on her scrawny little post-pregnancy bod. Then we'll see how long Brad sticks around. If we see Angelina's stomach covered in stretch marks and wrinkles from all that stretching on the big screen, then maybe we can talk about celebrity moms redefining motherhood. Maybe. But I won't hold my breath.

I'm not bitter or jealous. I don't feel the need to emulate any celebrity. But I know that too many women do, thanks to the media, and articles like this are just so ignorant, I get a little annoyed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home