* Concerta: Day One

Stellar! We couldn't have asked for a better start. I spoke with Mrs. B when I arrived at school to pick up Hercules, and she gave me rave reviews: Hercules sat quietly with the other kids during group time. Hercules read a book quietly by himself for a full half hour - a book that is well above his reading level. Needless to say, these are both firsts for Hercules. She is nominating him and his new best friend (an endearing boy with a very similar personality who used to be his worst enemy) for the Most Improved Student award this month. In fact, Mrs. B said she thinks that Hercules may be a good influence on the other boy. Whoa.

My Hercules? A good influence? A teacher just said that my Hercules would be a good influence on another child?? Surely I must be dreaming.

I can't tell you how exciting this is for me. I never, ever thought my little warrior would be nominated for any awards in school. Quite the contrary, I've been living in fear of imminent expulsion ever since he started Kindergarten. This is the best news I've ever heard.

AND no sign of any side effects whatsoever so far. He's eating and sleeping like normal, and no complaints of headaches or stomachaches or anything. No moodiness or psychosis or heart failure! Thank goodness!

So although I'm trying not to get overly excited after just one day of feedback, I feel like I just won the lottery.

Weeeeee!

P.S. Herc's wound is healing well so far. Thanks for all the well-wishes!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

R-

What can I say other that YIPEEEEEE!!!!!

I am so happy for all of you :)

J

2/23/2006 12:57 PM  
Blogger momma-yaya said...

Hallelujah! Did I spell that right? Oh, this is really joyous news. He deserves the recognition his teacher is giving!

2/23/2006 5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waiting for..."Concerta" day 3? Loving every great report...Nana

2/24/2006 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home