* Happy Endings

Third post today. I’ve been processing a lot. Bear with me.

I had a very helpful talk with one of Herc’s TKD instructors who also happens to be a child psychologist. That calmed me down quite a bit, and once I relaxed it turned out to be a very pleasant evening. Pa had a gig, so Hercules and I ate our dinner together. Then we had a dance party, which is one of our most favorite things to do together. He’s into Queen lately, which is something different and I’m diggin’ it.

Which reminds me, I’ve been meaning for the longest time to serve up some of Hercules' (and my) favorite tunes for your listening pleasure. Because you can’t really have the full Herculean experience without the companion sound track. It’s kinda mandatory. Here you go, try some Queen, you’ll be glad you did:

Killer Queen
Bicycle Race
Fat Bottomed Girls

So after rocking out with Freddy Mercury, we snuggled down to read in Hercules’ bed and then somehow we ended up having a fascinating discussion about the facts of life. I shit you not. It started with me talking about flowers, and how all plants have them because that’s where the seed comes from. It seemed perfectly natural that our discussion about plant reproduction and flowers as genitalia should segue into questions about where babies come from. And somehow we ended our talk by Hercules exclaiming “But Mom, trees don’t pee!” and me laughing my ass off.

Man, what a day. After all that I knew exactly what I needed to do tonight – I jumped back on the meditation wagon. I realized that ever since I fell off that wagon I’ve been slowly winding up tight. I needed to unravel. I cried while I meditated. It felt good. I feel much better already.

Good night and thanks for keeping me company on this journey of mine.

P.S. I got a new Holga camera and I'm not shooting digital much lately, so there'll be less photos than usual. But here's a sample from first roll of film in my new camera, and there will be more to come.

Hercules on Holga

2 Comments:

Blogger kristal said...

Holga! How fun. Did you get the polaroid back one or the regular one?

1/13/2006 6:40 PM  
Anonymous renee said...

hi kristal! thanks for dropping in:)

i didn't get the polaroid back, although i seriously considered it. i decided to get a fully modified holga from holgamods.com instead, and i'm very pleased with it so far. however, i'm also beginning to see the limitations of the camera, so i'm in the market for a 35mm, just so i can have something more versatile at my disposal. but i'm having fun with the holga already!

1/15/2006 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home