* Christmas Greetings!

How was your holiday? Ours was pretty much perfect, I must say. We did our big Christmas shebang on Thursday night with all eight kids, and that was lots of fun. It’s not often that we’re able to get everyone together all at once, so I made everyone pose for some family portraits.

Family Portrait



Don't be scared, I'm not always so bug-eyed. I really need to work on that, though. Here's another one that's more fun:

Silly Family Portrait

The Kids stayed with us until Saturday, and then they had to get home. So Christmas day itself was rather quiet for us. I kept one gift for Hercules to open on Sunday, and otherwise it just a relaxing Sunday at home and that’s my favorite kind of day:)

Interestingly, Hercules got all books for Christmas this year, including a cookbook and the entire Harry Potter box set. It was a sort of happy accident, and although he genuinely likes all of his books, he let it be known that perhaps he would have preferred to get something else besides books for Christmas. I saw that as a perfect opportunity to lecture him on appreciation. Because if I had a dime for every time that child says “I’m bored! There’s nothing to do!” and a nickel for every toy in his room, I’d be on a sailboat in the South Pacific right now. Not to mention that books are the best kind of gift! He actually agreed, albeit somewhat begrudgingly.

Here's Hercules with his cookbook. Pa will be teaching him to cook like a man:)

A Man, A Can, A Plan



Pa and I are on vacation until after the New Year, and we’re loving it already. I am so good at not working! Seriously, I’d be the best housewife ever. This is the ideal life, and it almost makes me sad to see how life could be if I were able to be a stay-home parent. Hercules has been taking naps, and we’ve been able to spend a lot of time reading and playing games together. He’s taken an interest in chess lately, which I think is wicked cool. It’s good for me to dust off my chess skills, because it’s been eons since I’ve played. Maybe I can convince Hercules that this game of strategy and skill is far more exciting than video games.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Kari said...

Glad Christmas went well! Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2006! :)

12/30/2005 7:03 PM  
Blogger lynn said...

happy new year, renee, to you and your abundant family...
you here, and you at haphazardous, have brought many smiles my way during the past year, and i'm looking so forward to more of your magic.
be happy!

1/01/2006 2:09 PM  
Anonymous renee said...

thank you kari & lynn! best wishes and many blessing to you and yours this year and always:)

1/03/2006 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home