* Hercules turns Seven!


Hercules & Elsa
Here is one of the only photos I took of Hercules on his birthday. No photos of him blowing out his candles on his oh-so-chocolate cake, no photos of him opening his presents (because then everyone would see that I, um, don't wrap presents). This is it! I did, however, take lots of photos of my stepchildren in the midst of all the fun. Because I don't need to prove to anyone that Hercules had a good birthday. But some people need proof that my stepchildren weren't locked in a closet somewhere, being force fed head lice. Or something.

So rest assured that it was a grand birthday and fun was had by all! We went to the pool, we ate pizza, we made sugary treats and dressed up like puppy dogs! See! Fun!

Among the whole crowd, the most popular gifts were the skateboard, the punching bag, and the metal detector. The inflatable punching bag sprung a leak in the first 24 hours of its life, from all the abuse inflicted on it by all 6 kids. I think it's good therapy, though, so I'll be sure to patch it up before they come again next weekend.

I also had a hard time convincing Hercules that he couldn't skateboard and metal-detect at the same time, due to the potential for injury to himself and the shiny new metal detector. Hercules was not convinced. He really thinks I'm just trying to ruin all his fun. He forgave me today, though, when I told him we'd be riding our bikes to the daycare. Because there's no school today! It was a fine, brisk morning for a bike ride and we both enjoyed it mightily, but once I got to work it wasn't long before the sky darkened and the wind picked up, so we may forego the bikes this afternoon.

With that, I'll end this post with Pink Floyd's most righteous ode to the most efficient form of transportation known to man, the bicycle:

I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like
It's got a basket
A bell that rings
And things to make it look good
I'd give it to you if I could
But I borrowed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home