* Proudest Mama

I just wanted to announce that my Hercules has been doing exceptionally well in first grade so far. My Hercules! YIPPPEEEEEE!!

I ran into his teacher yesterday when I picked him up from school, and she went on and on about how great he's doing overall. He's getting his work done, he's writing stories, he's working quietly, he's an angel!

I never thought I'd see the day. At least, not so soon. I'm BURSTING with pride here, people!

In other news, Rio was up riding his bike before sunrise again today. But the best part was when he decided to clean it up. He helped himself to a rag and some soapy water and went to work on it. A little while later he came back inside and said, "Hey Mama, you can come and admire my bike now!" Which of course I did, and yes, it was shiny.

Last of all, I wanted to catch you up on the latest with K. Some of you have made some great suggestions, so here's how it worked out.

I never actually spoke to K's mom, but I did finally run into K. We talked about what happened and he told me his mother had grounded him for a few days. I let him know that I wasn't angry with him because I knew that it had been an accident. But I wanted him to learn from that incident and so we talked about why rocks are dangerous when hurtling through the air anywhere around humans or animals. He was very agreeable, and everything is back to normal, whatever normal is.

2 Comments:

Blogger fiercelyfab said...

awesome, so glad to hear things are working out great!

9/14/2005 10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God! Nana & Papa

9/16/2005 5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home