* Belting it out!


Belting it out!
So here's Hercules, performing live on stage in Plevna, Kansas! He did a lively rendition of The Swimming Song, accompanied by Pa on banjo and E on bubbles! Yeeehaaaw!

In other news, the new daycare center is working out beautifully. It's like night and day compared to the last one - the people are incredibly friendly and helpful, the children are happy and active, and there are no LOUD BUZZERS that go off for a whole minute every time someone opens the front door. How refreshing!

But after tomorrow he won't be going back there until August, because on Sunday Rio is flying to Florida to see his Nana and Papa. Yep, that's right: Hercules will be on an airplane all by himself! Well, not exactly. He will be supervised by a dedicated, unsuspecting flight attendant.

You may think that would worry me, but surprisingly it does not. Denial? Perhaps. But I'm a pretty pragmatic person (most of the time), and I know that he'll be well-supervised. It's a direct flight, and once I turn him over to the flight attendant, he will be on the plane the entire time, until he is handed over to my mother at the other end. And really, as far as safety is concerned there really isn't anything to worry about, other than the plane crashing. And let's face it, if that plane is going to crash, would it really make any difference if I were on it with him? No, we'd just both go down in ball of flames. But let's not dwell on that scenario. It's much more fun to imagine the REAL excitement: all the other passengers at the mercy of Little Hercules.

In fact, I think I should get him a T-shirt made just for the flight, to make things clear to his fellow travelers:

HELLO! MY NICKNAME IS HERCULES AND LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!

Because the two words Rio says to me more than any other are: WATCH THIS! I'll probably come up with something lots better as soon as I post this entry and put some thought into it. I'd love to hear some more suggestions for Hercules T-shirts!

He's most likely to flirt aggressively with all the female flight attendants, and any other woman within 3 rows of him. He's already praying that his personal attendant will be a woman. I really expect him to keep the other passengers thoroughly entertained, as long as they have a decent sense of humor. Let's just hope he doesn't end up sitting next to someone who's hoping for a nice, quiet flight. Luckily, he's flying Southwest, which means people can sit wherever they want. So all the grumps, child-haters, and other humorless muggles can go sit in the back.

Hey, there's a T-shirt idea:
NO MUGGLES ALLOWED!

It's probably a good thing I'm not a T-shirt designer, eh?

Anyway, it'll be three whole weeks of no Rio for me. It will be both liberating and heart-breaking all at once. Pa and I will take some vacation time to work on the house, and then it's business as usual for the remaining 2 weeks. I'm sure we'll manage to amuse ourselves somehow;)

Meanwhile, maybe I'll see if my mom would be willing to do some guest blogging so we can keep tabs on Hercules while he's in the Sunshine State. Mom?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Mom said...

That would be fun....I'm game!.....Mom/Nana

7/16/2005 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home