* I've been tagged!


On the run
Thanks to Mama Yaya, I've been tagged with the latest chain meme. She's trying to encourage me to post more often, so how can I refuse? This one looks painless enough. According to the instructions: "Complete at least 5 of these statements, and then pass the assignment along to someone else (others should do the same, and folks are free to add more after selecting at least five of the originals). So here is the original list:"

If I could be a scientist...
If I could be a farmer...
If I could be a musician...
If I could be a doctor...
If I could be a painter...
If I could be a gardener...
If I could be a missionary...
If I could be a chef...
If I could be an architect...
If I could be a linguist...
If I could be a psychologist...
If I could be a librarian...
If I could be an athlete...
If I could be a lawyer...
If I could be an innkeeper...
If I could be a professor...
If I could be a writer...
If I could be a llama-rider...
If I could be a bonnie pirate...
If I could be an astronaut...

SO . . .
If I could be a doctor, I would want to be a gynecologist and educate women, especially teenagers, about their sexual health. I would also use my medical training and credentials to promote midwifery and alternative medicine as a complement to alleopathic medicine.

If I could be a professor, I would teach literature, so I could read and discuss fine literature for a living. I would have TA's do all that other stuff that professors do, like read and correct essays and papers.

If I could be an innkeeper, I would find a location somewhere eccentric, like Gibtown, FL, and take photographic portraits of everyone who passed through my inn.

If I could be a linguist (a career I seriously considered not too long ago), I would live all over the world and become multilingual. I would translate the works of Gabriel Garcia Marquez out of sheer adoration.

If I could be a llama-rider, I would ditch that nasty spitting beast and get me a proper horse, pronto.

And here are my personal additions to the above list:

If I could be president, I would increase funding for education and health care 100%. All of which I would take away from the military budget. Then, I would take the remaining military budget and redirect it, such that the billion-dollar mega-weapons projects would get put on a maintenance schedule. Then I could increase funding for veteran benefits, and make sure our soldiers have proper gear and attire. How's that for supporting our troops?

If I could be a celebrity, I would use my fortune to by my own TV network. Then I would air something really novel, such as quality entertainment and news. And all the advertisements would say the same thing: TURN OFF YOUR TV.

OK, now I'm tagging FateWineRoses, who always leaves such sweet comments, and who recently posted a lovely tribute to birthmothers. AND I really dig her site design:) You're it!

3 Comments:

Anonymous FateWineRoses said...

Oh geez! ~sigh~ Okay! Thanks. Really. I appreciate it. I have homework tonight, so I'll do it tomorrow.

I liked your answers though. Well thought out.

Man. This means I actually have to think about it. Man oh man!

5/09/2005 5:41 PM  
Anonymous renee may said...

don't sweat it, fate! it took me about a week to put my answers together. no pressure:) AND if you drop the ball, i won't take it personally. i'm actually not that big on memes myself, and if this one hadn't appealed to me then i probably would have dodged it.

5/09/2005 6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thnks Nay for her link...I read..I cried....and my own memories rushed back from 34 yrs ago...it's amazing how some heart akes can rush back like the cold waters over Niagra Falls.....but the ake is different.....it's "matured"...and has made me stronger....w/no regrets of those heartbreaking decissions oh so many yrs. ago....

I love you Nay...and so proud to be your Mom!

5/10/2005 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home