* Happy Hercules


Tree climber
Originally uploaded by Renee May.
Young Hercules has really been at his best lately, and it's a huge relief. I have to admit that I anticipated a lot more trouble with this transition to the new school. I'm convinced that all of our preparations made a huge difference, and I can't say enough about how grateful I am to everyone at his new school for their cooperation in that effort.

Rio also started Tae Kwon Do and we tried out a place that had a free 2-week tryout. I was not impressed. The instructors are two women who seem to have good intentions, but their class is out of control. It's pretty chaotic, and I don't think Rio is going to learn anything about discipline in such a setting, regardless of their intentions.

Unfortunately, this was also the most affordable program. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for! However, my second choice is only another $20/month, and they allow you to come in as often as you like during their operating hours. That's actually a pretty good deal, so I'll be checking that one out next. The only problem is that they are open in the evenings, not weekends, and Rio is usually so overtired after school that he tends to be in a sour mood. However, a little Tae Kwon Do may just do him good, since it's something that he's personally motivated to participate in. We'll see how it goes!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Nana & Papa said...

Hip, Hip, Hip, Huuurrraaaayyyy for Rio, Mom and Steve...it has truly been a family/team effort! Keep up the great reports!! We love ya!
Love the Tree Climber pic!...and love the shirt..seems like we've seen that one before! "O)

3/09/2005 1:39 PM  
Anonymous FateWineRoses said...

I've missed so much! But I AM glad to hear that Rio is doing well. Now I just have to take the time and go back to read what's been happening!

Hugs and good thoughts to you both!

3/09/2005 10:40 PM  
Blogger new_eyes said...

You should keep that picture on the mainpage, it's pricelessly hilarious. That's the boy I know :-D hahahah! God bless him.

3/09/2005 11:44 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Hi there! I found you on selfportraitday and stopped in!

I like avacado sammiches too, no meat ever. And good luck with the Tae Kwon Do and the wee one! I'll link ya.

3/14/2005 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home