* A Journey of 1000 Miles

Tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn we’ll embark on the long drive to New England. As a veteran traveler and entertainer of little Hercules, I’ve already checked out a stack of audio books from the library for our listening enjoyment. We were fortunate to find our latest installment from the Narnia trilogies, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, as well as the timeless classic Ol’ Yeller and one of Lemony Snicket’s Series of Unfortunate Events, “The Carnivorous Carnival”. And let’s not forget The Old Time Radio Westerns, including The Lone Ranger and The Cisco Kid.

Who says a punk rock warrior god can’t be cultured?

OK, so maybe I have a loose definition of cultured, but at least it’s better than a Gameboy and some Pokemon paraphernalia.

Meanwhile, it’s 10:30 PM and I’m still awake, however reluctantly. The packing is done, we’re just waiting for The Kids to get picked up. Half of them are asleep, worn out by some wrestling matches and cutthroat rounds of Old Maid and Go Fish.

The good news is that my attitude is in a better place, and I’m continually reminding myself to be in the present moment rather than fretting over an undetermined future. So I’ve mellowed out, and even though life is chaos, I’m enjoying myself:)

I know I haven’t had much to say about little Hercules lately but don’t worry, he’s still at his usual antics. I’ll try to get back on track here pretty quick, so come back soon. Meanwhile, enjoy your holiday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home